Church Clean UpWritten by admin on Sep 07, 2019 in - No Comments
CLEAN UP, DUMPSTER and CHOW DOWN DAY
Saturday, September 28th
10 AM – 2:30 PM
Please pitch in a hand as we give good ol’ AGC a much needed clean-up of the entire church! We will be cleaning out all the old things we have accumulated over the years and have a fantastic lunch, plus snacks and beverages throughout the day.
This promises to be a very fun time for All God’s Kids to come together, get our hands dirty and make sure our beautiful church home stays that way!
Who? All staff and teams! All storage areas, closets, and cabinets.
- Over the years, we accumulate a lot of stuff that no longer supports current or emerging ministry needs. We all have lots of stuff that fit that description.
- Our recent fire code inspection requires us to move everything stored in the attic that is combustible to a different storage area/s.
- We’ll have room to store everything that’s REALLY necessary if we sort and reduce everywhere.
- Better organized and more efficient storage makes it easier for everyone.
- It’s time! I guarantee you’ll find things that haven’t seen the light of day for years. How it happens:
- ‘…gee, maybe we’ll need it someday’
- ‘…gee, we have no idea whose this is, so we’ll just leave it here’
- ‘…gee, does that ministry even exist anymore?’
We’ll have a special large dumpster on site on September 28th and a special lunch and snacks throughout the day to keep!
NOTE: please don’t start throwing things in our general dumpster or recycle containers; we’re routinely dumpster-capacity challenged from all our normal activities, and special pick-ups are costly– $300 per time off-schedule! That’s why we’re culminating with a planned dumpster day on September 28th for all teams.